I’m Tammy Whitten- a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Certified Family Life Educator (yeah, that’s what all of those letters stand for).
But once upon a time, I was a little girl, and I was scared of the dark, terrified of snakes, and sometimes I would wake up from nightmares about something happening to my family.
Today, I’m all grown-up (well, as grown-up as I’ll ever be), and I’m still not a fan of the dark, I’m terrified of snakes, and I occasionally have the nightmare about something happening to my family. Thank goodness they are just dreams and not real.
In the time between then and now, I’ve managed to add some new fears to my list. I always thought that when I grew up, I wouldn’t be afraid of things anymore. I thought grown-ups had magical powers and secret knowledge that made them invincible to things like worry and fears.
Oh what I discovered once I crossed the threshold from childhood to adulthood! As an adult, I have stress, I get anxious, I make mistakes, and I have to keep finding ways to “keep on keeping on” as my grandpa would say. I would say that makes me pretty normal (though I do believe that being human and being authentic is a magical power).
Some days are harder than others, and I don’t know about you, but I don’t like those hard days so much. So I set out to find that secret knowledge that I thought I would suddenly have once I became an adult. And that’s why I’m here. I want to share what I’ve learned with you.
More importantly, I want to help you to create happy relationships, kids, and a life that you love! I want you to feel comfortable in your own skin. We’ll do that by using your strengths and building on the things you’re already doing well (yes, there are things that you do well, even at this very moment).
We’ll also work within your goals, dreams, and beliefs. This is all about YOU and where you want your life to go. Together, we form a team: you’re the expert on where you’ve been and who you are and I’m the geek who enjoys reading the latest research and then transforming that into the plan that we’ll implement together to make it all happen.
I know you’re busy, so I’ve created a lot of ways for us to connect. You can pick the way that feels right for you as the next step towards creating the happy relationships, kids, and life that you want. So here’s the list:
- The e-book: Is Stress Controlling Your Life: 3 Things to Stop Doing NOW (and What You Should Do Instead) is a fast read. We’re talking 15 minutes. In it, I share some of the secrets that I’ve found to getting rid of stress and to welcoming the person you’ve always wanted to be. These secrets form the foundation of what we’ll do going forward.
- Online classes: From time to time, I’ll offer quick and dirty classes online that are focused on a specific topic geared at decreasing stress and anxiety while ramping up the happiness your way. If you’re staying connected with Facebook or Twitter, or reading the weekly e-newsletters, you’ll be the first to know about these programs (and you’ll be offered discounts in the e-newsletters, so make sure you sign-up to get that free e-book).
- Face-to-Face Seminars and Presentations: From local community events in eastern North Carolina to special events and conferences your way, I’m always sharing the secrets about getting rid of stress and anxiety. I’ll let you know where I’ll be, and if you’d like for me to come to an event you’re hosting, just drop me a line if you’d like for me to spread some cheer your way.
- Individual and Group Coaching Programs: Throughout the year, I offer coaching programs to help you create happiness. These programs allow you to be anywhere in the world! Each program gives you the tools and support you need to get started tackling those fears and creating new solutions for happiness in your life. Again, if you’re staying connected, then you’ll be the first to know about these opportunities.
- Individual, Couple, and Family Therapy: If there are some old skeletons and lots of baggage cluttering up your closet, it’s time for us to do a little bit of cleaning! You can click here to find out more about the options. From email and phone sessions, to evening and varied session lengths, there are options here that fits your needs.
Please let me know if you have questions about anything, and I’ll be happy to answer! I look forward to getting to know you better!